Tuesday, February 28, 2006

no machine guns, please

















no machine guns, please.
A reasonable request one must say.

I've had a good week, starting to get busy now. My classes have started and my Arabic lessons start tomorrow. Teaching English is strange, dunno yet if I'm good or bad at it, just know that it's scary. Definitley the scariest thing I've done so far, more before-hand the class itself was fine.

I feel that I may be falling into the trap of only writing about the worst (most dramatic) things about my time in Gaza. Although there are many crazy things about this place, my experience here is mostly of meeting people who really wanna look after me, feed me, or show me around. The Palestinian hospitality got talked up before I came and I haven't been dissapointed.

The weather here is starting to get nice, like a good Irish summer, two months time and it might be a little less Irish!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the photos luke, they give a sense of the athmosphere of Gaza.

Missed you tonight for the pancakes, don't suppose you have pancake tuesday there!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear the hospitality is good and that all is well.keep up the good work

7:43 PM  
Blogger Tim Lovell said...

Hey Luke, Tim here (you should remember me...). Just wanted to say that I've really been enjoying reading your blog mate. Its good to see that you're going for it.

I've been to a developing country recently, and it really is so humbling to experience the welcome that people who are so poor give to rich people like us.

Keep up the good work. And don't get shot (unless you wrtie about it in an amusing way afterwards...)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah cat is that your name no ireland have pancake day aswel and we are not in britian remember you tryed two take our coutry but yas didnt get it just if ya didnt no

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well spotted Darrell. Someone needed to point out that Ireland isn't included in "us Brits". Luke, it's not just in Gaza that people get shot at. I missed being involved in a drive-by in downtown Denver on Tuesday night by about 10 minutes. I'll tell you the full story some other time...

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mardi gras is pancake tuesday. Or saturated fat day if you prefer.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I stirred up a batter by mentioning pancakes !

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home