Monday, March 06, 2006

How do you turn this stuff into food?
















I have this thing where I do laps of the supermarket,
round and round until I see something I recognise,
I pick it up,
I look at it,
and I do another couple of laps trying to find
something I can cook with my biscuits.

The fruit and veg here is amazing, especially love the peppers, chives and oranges.
The local food is real good also humus and falofells etc.

Starting to get into this teaching lark also,
it gives me an enormous sense of well-being,
and then I feel happy for the rest of the day,
safe in the knowledge that there will
always be a part of me devoted to it

I don't even hate the students!

in other news....
the kidnap count is still zero.
All of the foreign UNSCO staff left last week 'cos of some threats
someone said they were gonna kidnap 4 foreigners on thursday
but nothing came of it.
Think the UN were just believing the media hype,
honestly I feel really safe here,
except at roundabouts
or whenever I'm in a car really,
they drive like they're playing Grand Turismo

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh the dream of a Luke who can cook is finally here!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the teachings going well, and you still havn't been kidnapped! guess whos going to see U2... in Auckland?? yep that'd be me!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quality post mate. absolute class.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

It could be worse, they could be driving like they're playing Grand Theft Auto!

Great picture of you and a pepper.

3:22 PM  
Blogger luke said...

hey folks,
just in case any of us are interested, I think there might be an article by me in the next trinity news,
interested and in dublin that is...

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, i see you've taken to wearing the shirt and pullover combo, are you trying harder to become Paddy Cosgrove? What happened to the beaten black trousers and purple hoody?

Conor

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home