Monday, March 27, 2006

soul sisters














I've been hanging out a bunch with the sisters of charity here doing some painting and helping out with the kids,
they are the coolest people in the world.
I've never met people before who's sole purpose on earth is love others,
they look after abandoned and handicapped kids,
many of whom aren't used to being touched or talked to.
pretty humbling stuff.

I'm perservering with my Arabic, but it's a bit of a painful process.
teaching is going well, i could get used to the power.

Witnessed my first Islamic Jihad funeral yesterday,
took place in the mosque just outside my house, twas mental.
A big crowd with flags carrying the corpse, chanting anti-israeli slogans and shooting machine guns in the air.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you were observing the funeral from deep within and behind the shades of your 14th floor apartment,
take care

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Stay away from the guns, for the love of God stay away from the guns!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are still in the land of the living. I note that your flash photography is now indoors!! You're learning.
Stay safe.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay away from anyone affiliated with the Tallaght Band.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke logged in - no update this week!!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home